Last updated: July 15, 2020
The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for Branderos. We reserve the right to modify the information contained herein at any time without prior notice. If we do make changes to our privacy policies, we will modify this page accordingly.
Your Privacy is Our Priority
Branderos is committed to respecting the privacy of our website visitors, employees, email subscribers, and participants of our events, training courses and initiatives. Branderos is responsible for personal information in its possession or control.
We Collect Mostly Contact Information
Branderos collects, uses and/or discloses mostly contact information (such as an individual’s name, title, address, telephone number and/or email address), solely for the purpose of communicating with an individual in relation to the Services provided by Branderos. Branderos does not impose any limits on the collection, use or disclosure of this information by Branderos, or of any other information about an individual that is considered publicly available by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
In some cases, Branderos collects, uses and discloses personal information of individuals. This occurs if you are registering for any of our Services in your personal capacity as an individual and/or and on behalf of your organization, including registering for events, courses, and programs.
We need certain types of personal information so that we can provide our Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our Services.
We Require Your Knowledge and Consent
Your knowledge and consent are required for our collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, except in certain circumstances exempted by law.
What Personal Information is Being Collected
We collect personal information that you provide to us directly, such as by entering it into registration forms or uploading it to our Websites, or that arises from your activity on our Websites or otherwise engaging with the Services.
Branderos will limit our collection of personal information to only that which is necessary for the purposes identified by Branderos. Branderos will not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent, or as required or permitted by law.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect personal information that you provide directly to us through:
- The Services you use.
- Requests, questions or feedback you submit to us via online forms, email, or otherwise.
- Account registration and administration of your account.
- Your uploads or posts to our Websites.
- Your requests for customer support and technical assistance.
- The personal information we collect directly from you varies depending on what Services you use, and includes:
- Your name, salutation, company and title.
- Your contact information, including address, phone and email.
- Your language preferences.
- Your photo.
- Your log-in credentials, if you create an account on our Websites.
- Your preferences and settings.
- How you heard about Branderos.
- Information about your customer service interactions with us.
- User-generated content and comments you may post.
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of our Services.
Information We Collect from Others
Branderos collects personal information primarily from individuals and our employees themselves. In some cases, Branderos may also collect personal information from other sources including employers or personal references, or other third parties who represent that they have the right to disclose the information.
Information We Collect Indirectly Through Automated Means
When you use our Services, we and our service providers (companies that work on our behalf) collect non-personally identifiable information (described in the paragraph below) and we may use a variety of technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information. We use this information for statistical analysis, and to help us customize our Websites and Services and to make them more user-friendly.
The information we or our service providers collect about you varies depending on what Services you use, and includes:
- Website and Service Usage Information: When you use our Websites and otherwise engage with our Services, we will collect and analyze information about your usage such as your IP address, browser type, browser language, operating system, software and hardware attributes (including device IDs), referring and exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the date and time you used the Services, error logs, number of downloads, email open rates, clicked links and other similar information.
- Location Information. When you use our Services, we and our service providers may automatically collect general location information (e.g., IP address, city/province and or postal code associated with an IP address) from your computer or mobile device.
How We Use Your Information
We will only use your information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To identify you and determine your eligibility for our Services.
- To deliver the Services you have requested.
- To complete a purchase, including invoicing and accounting.
- To help us better understand your interests and serve your needs, and to measure, analyze and improve the effectiveness of our Services and marketing endeavours.
- To respond to your requests for information and to provide you with more effective and efficient customer service.
- To provide you with updates and information about our Services.
- To contact you by email, mail, or phone regarding Branderos Services, surveys, research studies, promotions, special events and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you, and that we have consent to contact you about.
- To protect Branderos against error and fraud.
- To customize the content you see on our Services.
- To secure our Websites and resolve technical issues.
- To comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations that apply to us, including any potential contractual reporting obligations to government funders.
Aggregate/Anonymous Data: We may aggregate or anonymize any information collected through our Services so that it can no longer be linked to you or your device. We may use or share anonymized and aggregated information for any purpose including, without limitation, for research and marketing purposes.
Cookies and Similar Technologies: We and our service providers use the information collected through these technologies for statistical analysis to help us make our Websites and Services more user-friendly, to save you time, and to offer you a more meaningful visit in the future by understanding and remembering your browsing preferences.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a site that enable us to recognize your device, store your preferences and settings, understand the web pages of the Services you have visited, enhance your user experience by delivering and measuring the effectiveness of content tailored to your interests, perform searches and analytics, and assist with security and administrative functions. Some cookies are placed in your browser cache while those associated with Flash technologies are stored with your Adobe Flash Player files.
You can change your settings so that you are notified when a cookie is being set or updated or you can block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information. You can also manage the use of Flash technologies, including flash cookies and local storage objects, with the Flash management tools available on Adobe’s website. Please note that by blocking, disabling, or managing any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of our Services.
How We Share and Disclose Your Information
We may share or disclose your information in the following circumstances:
- To a third party who, in the reasonable judgment of Branderos, is seeking the information as an agent of the individual.
- To a third party that we have hired to supply, develop, enhance, market or provide any of our products or services.
- To a third party engaged by Branderos to perform functions on its behalf, which may involve storage or processing of personal information in other countries, which may mean that information may be accessible to law enforcement and national security authorities of that jurisdiction.
- To a public authority or other third party to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Branderos, its employees, affiliates, users or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection, spam/malware prevention, and similar purposes.
- To a third party where you consent to such disclosure or disclosure is required or permitted by law.
As described above, we may share or disclose your information to third parties and service providers who have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your information for other purposes. Branderos uses contractual or other means to provide a comparable level of protection while information is being processed or used by a third party.
Employee Information: Branderos may disclose personal information about an individual who is an employee:
- For normal personnel and benefits administration, such as the initiation, management or termination of the employment relationship.
- In the context of providing references regarding current or former employees in response to requests from prospective employers.
Only Branderos employees with a business “need-to-know”, or whose duties reasonably so require, are granted access to personal information about clients and employees.
Your Rights and Choices
Canada’s privacy law may permit you to request that we:
- Provide you with access or a copy of the personal information we have about you.
- Amend or update your personal information if it is out of date or incorrect.
- Revoke your consent for our continued use and disclosure of your personal information.
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances.
Requesting to Access or Amend Your Information: Branderos will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your personal information upon request and will provide you with a copy of that information except where inappropriate. You will be able to challenge the accurateness and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate. In providing an account of disclosure, Branderos will provide a list of third parties to which it may have disclosed personal information about you when it is not possible to provide an actual list.
Personal information will be provided in understandable form within a reasonable time, and at minimal or no cost to you. In certain situations, Branderos may not be able to provide access to all the personal information that we hold about you. For example, if doing so would likely reveal personal information about a third party, such as another individual, or could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual. Also, Branderos may not provide access to information if disclosure would reveal confidential commercial information, if the information is protected by solicitor client privilege, if the information was generated in the course of a formal dispute resolution process, or if the information was collected in relation to the investigation of a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the law.
In order to safeguard personal information, you may be required to provide sufficient identification information to permit Branderos to account for the existence, use and disclosure of personal information, and to authorize such access. Any such information will be used only for this purpose.
Branderos will promptly correct or complete any personal information found to be inaccurate or incomplete. Any unresolved differences as to accuracy or completeness will be noted by Branderos. Where appropriate, we will transmit to third parties having access to the personal information in question any amended information or the existence of any unresolved differences.
Requesting to Withdraw Your Consent: You may withdraw your consent at any time in order to put a stop to any further collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by Branderos. This is subject to legal or contractual restrictions, and provided that reasonable notice of withdrawal of consent is provided to Branderos and the withdrawal of consent is in writing and includes understanding by the individual that withdrawal of consent could mean that Branderos cannot provide the individual with a related product or service. You may contact Branderos for more information regarding the implications of withdrawing consent.
There may be limited circumstances where we may need to retain some of your information after you have withdrawn consent. For example, a “do not contact” list of email addresses could be retained for individuals who have requested no further communication from us. Moreover, other laws may require that information be retained. For example, financial sector legislation and regulations require organizations to retain information such as client credit files and credit card applications for five years from the day of closing of the account to which they relate.
Updating and Retention of Your Information
Branderos will update personal information about you as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined above in the section “How We Use Your Information”, or upon your request as noted above.
Branderos will keep personal information only as long as it remains necessary or relevant for the identified purposes, or as required by law. Depending on the circumstances, where personal information has been used to make a decision about an individual, Branderos will retain, for a period of time that is reasonably sufficient to allow for access by the individual, either the actual information or the rationale for making the decision, after which such information will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous.
Third-Party Links and Features
Our Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected personal information from children under the age of 13 without valid parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We will delete all information obtained from a teenager aged 13-16 where a teenager, parent or guardian revokes or declines permission. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable laws.
How We Protect Your Information
Branderos will protect personal information against such risks as loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, modification or destruction, through appropriate security measures, regardless of the format in which it is held. For example, we protect the security of your online transactions on our website by using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) web server certificates that offer secure communications by encrypting all data going to and from our websites.
The nature of the security safeguards, including physical, organizational, technological and investigative measures, will vary depending on the sensitivity, amount, distribution and format of the information, and the method of storage. All Branderos employees with access to personal information will be contractually required to respect the confidentiality of that information.
Making a Complaint
Branderos has procedures for addressing and responding to all inquiries or complaints from individuals regarding our handling of personal information. We will investigate all complaints received. If a complaint is found to be justified, Branderos will take appropriate measures to resolve the complaint including, if necessary, amending its privacy practices and procedures. An individual will be informed of the outcome of the investigation regarding their complaint. We may seek external advice where appropriate before providing a final response to individual complaints.
Our Privacy Management Practices
- Identify the purposes for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your information at or before the time it is collected.
- Obtain your valid, informed and meaningful consent.
- Limit the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
- Keep your personal information correct, complete and current.
- Implement adequate security safeguards to protect your personal information.
- Implement a retention and destruction timetable for your personal information.
- Respond to your complaints, inquiries and requests to access your personal information.
- Implement incident-management protocols in the event of a breach.
- Conduct privacy risk assessments.
- Protect your information if and when it is transferred to third parties for processing.
- Train employees to understand and respond to our practices and procedures.
Branderos will make readily available to individuals specific and understandable information about its practices and procedures relating to the management of personal information. For more information, please contact our Privacy Officer (see below).
23 Wells Street
Toronto, ON M5R 1P1
Attention: Richard Toker and Joel Sears